1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backhoe with 12' Pusher

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cold_and_tired, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I got rid of my skid pusher and went to a backhoe and 12' Protech. I'm kind of stuck on hourly pricing for the machine.

The skid and 8' pusher was about moved about 1.5 times more snow in a given time than a truck so I priced it at 1.5 times more than a truck.

Protech says a 12' pusher will move about 4x more snow than a truck so would it be right to price it at 4 times more than a truck?

Logic and past experience says to price it this way then subtract the difference in overhead between one backhoe and four trucks. What do you guys think?

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

sounds good in theory but good luck with that. my loaders out push 6 or 7 trucks, but on an hourly basis i can only get about 2.5 truck rates. time to move on to a different pricing structure.

3. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I get 125.00 per/hr for my backhoe and 14' protec but I'm in Northern Michigan.