1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backhoe/Loader Restoration

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Apr 15, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am restoring my tractor so it looks better. So far I have the hood, international hood hinge thing, panel, exhaust, and intake done. And I hae the tractor and loader prepped and ready for paint. I have a few leaks to fix on the backhoe before I paint that. But let me know what you think. I will probably have the tractor done tomarrow and back together. Let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

o and the grill is done
    [​IMG]

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Im telling ya, put some Caterpillar emblems you might get someone to actually look at your tractor :)
    Im just kidding Lj, its coming out nice.

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

that thing is going to look sweet when its done

5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Fresh paint on equipment is the best.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Can't wait to see it done. I like that loader. Very practical.

7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looking good man cant wait to see it when its done, hey if you get bored after you finish that tomarroe you want to swing up my way and strip my plow down and prime and paint it to get ready for storage lol :D

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looking good :nod: what kinda paint you using??

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

lol bring it down my way. bring me the paint. I will sand blast it down too lol

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

i am using the stuff they sell at tractor supply it is valspar enamel. The closet color they had to my tractor was john deere yellow so thats what I am using. and for the black stuff I am using the truck bed paint except for the exhuast.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Should look very nice when done.:drinkup:

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

here you go. the loader and tractor are done. I am gonna do the backhoe soon. hopefully by the end of the weekend. let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

15. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good Lj
    Wanna come paint mine?

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

nope lol i have to do the backhoe still lol

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

very nice.... looks great:drinkup:

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks way better I would have washed the tires and black magiced them for the pics though lol

19. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

That machine is in pretty good shape for it's age. Front bucket is straight, tin,etc.. Those weights on the front look factory. I wouldn't think they would be necessary as the hoe doesn't look that big. Looks as though you changed the seat/bracket assy.. Can you still swing around comfortably to operate the hoe? Is the hoe permanent mount or can it be removed for 3point/PTO? How are the pins/bushings in the hoe? Would like to see pics of hoe when it's painted. Good choice not to blast it before painting.

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

no it needs more weights in the front lol. it is very very bouncy. believe it or not it is a 14 hoe. ya I changed the seat. There is a seperate seat for the hoe. The backhoe is removable but not a 3 point hitch mount. It comes off with 4 pins and 2 hoses. I am thinking of taking it apart. I got the new seat at tractor supply in the clearence section for $40. The pins and the bushings are real good on the backhoe. But thw backhoe bucket needs new pins in which I will get. I will get some pics tomarrow of the backhoe just so you can see it. The tractor I bought for $3000 with a 100 hours on a rebuilt perkins diesel and less then 100 hours on a brand new clutch. All I had to do was get it running because it hadnt run for 3 years so me and my friend went over. I hooked jumper cables from my truck to the started on the tractor a jump starter on the battery loaded it up with starting fluid and she came right to life. heres a quick pic of it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009