1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backhoe Fast Cell Phone Test

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by goel, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Entertaining video for sure.Not quite sure of the practicality of all that hooplah.I wonder who really makes the phones for JCB?

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a good use for a jcb since they sure as hell dont build anything capable of actually getting any work done.

4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

A more realistic test would be to run over the phone with the machine. At least once a co-worker did that. Never seen anybody drag his phone on a chain...

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

My iPhone in a otter box could probably handle that, it was just straight pulling. Nothing beating on it

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I did just that once.The rear tire of my backhoe ran over my phone.It still worked but the screen was shot.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I managed to do this as well with a pipe puller.
    Otter box broke and the back of my phone was shattered. Screen was fine :nod:

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Dumb like others have said run it over. I've run over two phones, one was with a wheeled machine on pavement 10+ years ago. It was a Nokia, I turned ontop of it and spread it out like a deck of cards. Second one was a Samsung Rugby a few years ago with the track machine. Broke it at the hinge but it still worked, of course I couldn't hear anything but I could call out on it.