1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backhoe car topper

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dirtboy953B, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a pretty cool design.

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats pretty neat.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That is really cool

5. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

wow those cars are alot stronger than i thought, and that operator is really ballsy goin up on them.

6. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

ya i saw this a few months ago. looks pretty crazy to me. wonder what the training consists of

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

How about this?

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q1CMSV81_ws&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q1CMSV81_ws&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

8. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Now that is CRAZY! Guess that answers that about how strong those train cars are. wesport

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's pretty neet idea. But I personaly wouldn't want to be the operator of that backhoe.

10. 04chevy2500

wow! the excavator clip is crazy. i'd ask for a pay raise

11. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

i want to know the point of getting the excavator up there. It is very cool but why? It's not like he can unload the car because then he couldn't get out.

12. cretebaby

Why not? ............

13. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

pretty high pucker factor loading ...

14. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

haha they started doin that on rail cars that jumped the tracs full of grain or other things of the like. most of the time they use a regular backhoe without any special outfitting like in the vid. but either way you gotta have some big ass balls to do that.

15. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

wow i have never seem that before. and it looks to me like there are greater odds of falling off the can with one of them

16. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

I bet the 1st few times climbing the machine onto the rail car has you a bit nervous. Pretty cool though.

17. 04chevy2500

i understand the backhoe but the excavator? it doesnt make sense. like D.todd6 said, once you unload u cant get out. unless he crawls from car to car. start at the front work your way back? idk

18. cretebaby

Bingo ,,,,,,,,,,,