1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backed into pole...spreader parts

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by germann, Mar 1, 2010.

1. germann

germann Junior Member
    from ky

I backed into a light pole Sat.:gunsfiring:Answered a call and kept backing-stupid. Anyway, I hit the concrete base, so the light is not damaged, but my spreader is in bad shape. The frame is bent, the auger shaft bent, etc. My best option is to buy a new unit. Snow Ex 575 mini pro.

My question-The poly hopper, lid, grate,spinner,auger, and electric motor are still perfect-the unit was brand new this season. I might save the motor as a backup, but the rest takes up too much space and I would probably not need it anyway. Would there be a market for these parts? I did not find any on Craigs List or Ebay. If anyone on the site is interested, let me know.

2. jackedf150

jackedf150 Junior Member
    from Indiana

how much is a new 575?

3. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

It happens to all of us at some point in this biz...sorry to hear. At least you didn't wipe out your pickup bed and shove it into your cab like I did many years ago, driving too fast on ice...backwards.

For a 575, I'd buy a new one to get you back running and keep the good parts from the old one. Then keep your eyes peeled for a broken 575 that you might be able to Frankenstein back together.

HTH

4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

x2...hold onto it for parts......just in case it happens again:D

5. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

SSSHHHH...

Let's hope not, lol.

6. germann

germann Junior Member
    from ky

A new unit is $1250 before installation, which I won't need. The dealer can refund me his cost on the controller, etc and save me about $300, but I might just take the controller and install it in another truck as a backup. If my current and only salt truck would go down, I would have options.
    Looks like insurance will pick up part of the tab, and since the claim is only going to be about 1k they won't flag my account for rate hikes. We'll have to be extremely careful the rest of the year...