1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backdragin with a vplow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by fowlhunter8, Jan 4, 2009.

1. fowlhunter8

fowlhunter8 Junior Member

i have never had a v plow before this year i bought a used hiniker 8.5ft v plow. i was wondering if there is a problem with my blade or if it is right. when i back drag the wings end up going forward if the snow gets a little heavy or if there is a snow pack. is this right? it kind of sucks to back drag with. if it is now supposed to do that any suggestions on how to make it work properly?
  2. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

You need to getting locking/double acting cylinders or whatever they are called. All v-plows have the same problem you are having. The new hiniker v's come stock with the new cylinders that allow the plow to "lock" in the straight position while backdragging. Ask your local dealer or shop if they can swap them out for you.