1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BGehl, Nov 9, 2008.

1. BGehl

BGehl Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever tried to retrofit a second cutting edge on a plow that faces the "wrong way" in order to create a cleaner surface when backdragging?

If not, why not?
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Yes, they are available for sale.......
  3. BGehl

BGehl Member

I have not read anything about them on this board. are there drawbacks? how much do they run, ballpark?
  4. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

depending on what plow you have you can just go buy one
  6. BGehl

BGehl Member

Nice, I am going to look into it . . .

I don't have the facilities to fab something like that myself. Hopefully one of the local shops would have something.
  7. BGehl

BGehl Member

I have a 7.5 western, i read on that other link that one of the guys has the same plow.
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have them on a couple of trucks, they seem to work decent.
  9. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I would like one of those hinged back drag edges for my western unimount. I don't have welding equipment or anything like that. Any ideas where I could have one made or buy one around Buffalo, New York?
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I'd check with a few of your local welders and see if they can do it. If you can find a pic of what you want, bring it in and show it to them.
  11. BGehl

BGehl Member

I am also in WNY and am going to check at General Welding and Fabrication (Boss dealer in Elma). I'll let you know. . . .

I have also had good experiences at Casullo's.
  12. BGehl

BGehl Member

I am also in WNY. I checked at General Welding and Fabrication (Boss dealer in Elma). They only have Boss parts.

But Casullo's (http://www.casullos.com) has them. They can install for $135. But that is the factory ones from Western, not the spring loaded ones discussed above.
  13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Most welding shops are pretty clever in making things. If they haven't made one, I'm sure a picture or description of the backdrag edge would be enough for someone to go on. I had a local guy make one for my plow -- it was like $200 for materials & time