1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdragging with V ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Apr 1, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im going to put a 9 Boss V on my new truck. Im going with the 9' for the lots I will be doing. I want to keep my driveways I've had in the past, but this plow will be too big in the straight position. Can I back drag in the V or scoop position?

2. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Western V-Plows

We own several Western V-plows and have to use them to backdrag. They do a good job. We also own several Western Pro +'s (straight baldes) with the backdrag attachment ($180.00) installed, anyway, the V-plows actually do a better job. I've noticed that the Pro+ blades actually just smash the snow down where as the V-Plows actually drag it back.. hope that helps alittle :cool:

3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

You can backblade with the V in any postion. Just make sure you get the smartlock cylinders and it will make backblading so much easier.