1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdragging with New Boss VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowpusher04, Dec 15, 2014.

1. snowpusher04

snowpusher04 Junior Member
    from midwest

So, do the new v plows all come with the smartlock cylinders? Are they standard or an extra add on ? Where can I find more info? Did a forum search but not a lot of new info on NEW v blades. Currently considering the Boss VXT 8'2'' replacing my Western 8'5'' MVP V , Will I be disappointed?
    Al

2. MagnumV8

MagnumV8 Junior Member

I'm pretty sure they are standard now. I know I did not have to request them on my VXT or DXT.

3. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Why not the DXT? It is a much better plow. Why not the 9'2" instead of 8'2"? Bigger than the 8'6" Western. If your spending that kind of money, why cheap out? I would check on locking cyliders, my supplier knows that any v plow is going to need them.

4. snowpusher04

from midwest

Sorry meant the DXT . I only have an older 2500 HD and just don't need to overkill it. Lots of tight places that I clear and not in a real rush in any of them. So, Magnum says standard or? option? Thanks

5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

On the dxt it should be standard. Vxt I would also assume it is standard unless you got left over stock. I remember a guy on here either got charged extra for them or his came without them. Ended up getting resolved but I believe it was some shady dealer that swapped them out or something.

6. snowpusher04

from midwest

Thank you. Can you lead me to any links on good comparison discussions? Western MVP 8.5 V to Boss 8.2 DXT? Thanks ahead if you can...

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

There's really not much comparison out on the DXT, it's only in its second season in the smaller sizes.

Think of it as a VXT with trip edge. I love mine, and wouldn't give it up for the world. I came from Western as well and won't be going back any time soon.

8. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We bought ours from American Equipment here in Kansas City. It came with the smart lock cylinders as a standard. We bought the 8'2" V-XT because we didn't think we wanted all of that weight on the front of a 2500HD diesel because we were planning on having the wings added to the plow to make it 10'.

9. snowpusher04

from midwest

Thanks for the info to both, JDG and Ty. Hope I don't miss my Western...;(

10. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

I think you will probably like the Boss. We love ours, from the smart hitch to the flared wings, it's a pretty slick plow. That's another reason why we bought the v-xt, the flared wings. Our driveway from our barn to the road that we live on, (which is a country road that doesn't get plowed till the end of the storms by the county) so we can walk through the drifts when it drifts up. Our drive goes down our hill to the north east, so it drifts up pretty good, and it's hard to plow those drifts going up hill

11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You won't miss the Western.