1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cmo18, Dec 12, 2008.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Hey guys, I finished my backdrag however when I got a chance to use it last night it liked to hop around a lot? Is that normal or is it because its a new piece of steel? I didnt have a chance to take a picture yet but I will post later...the design is the same as the hinged back drag..thks Chris

2. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

please post a pic, I am trying to make one of these real soon and want to know how you did it. I am also curious to see if the hopping will settle down.

3. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I dont think it has anything to do with it being new. If it is hinged it will probably bounce a little as you plow forward. All of the ones that I have seen bounce, I think its pretty normal.

4. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

I'm wondering if he is talking about the whole plow bouncing while it is in use in reverse?

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Ya I'm talking when I'm in reverse....This website shows him dragging with the back drag straight up, http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcsn4jtt_16hn5mcwzf, but when I do that it shakes the truck real bad. So I tried it with the back drag laying more on an angle and it doesn't bounce around at all around and does a nice job I find. I guess what ever works....