1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag on XLS?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Strongmd, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

We only do residential plowing. Until recently, we only used 8' fisher straight blades with backdrag edges on them. A few years ago we started going to blizzard 810's and we now have four of them. We love our blizzards, but abandoned the backdrag edges because the blizzard is a full trip plow and it didn't seem possible to fab a backdrag that would work. Since the new XLS has basically the same trip and spring setup as my old straight blades, I was thinking that they would accept a backdrag blade? This would be a pretty mean setup if possible.
  2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Your not gonna need it. The attack angle is very aggressive on the trip edge, already acting as a nice back drag edge. Look in my signature.....Ill never go back to yellow again
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't needed it to date on my XLS that I got in early Jan. The unit is heavy enough as is without adding anothe 150lbs. +/-.
  4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Check your signature Big Dog......List that 2008 Loud and Proud