1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backdrag on a blizzard

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Strongmd, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

I used to have fisher 8' blades w/backdrag blades on them. We have about 10 trucks doing driveways. Many of the trucks are now switched over to blizzards and we'll never go back. Some have rubber blades and the backdragging is nothing like the fishers w/backdrag blades, but the overall productivity trumps backdrag ability every day. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever put some sort of backdrag blade on a blizzard 810 0r 8611.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I know Jeere's service has a downpressure mod for them that would help, I have yet to see a back drag

3. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

Interesting. I'll have to look into that

4. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

I tried contacting jerre's Service and he mentioned he did not have a backdrag blade for the 810. Not sure if there is room under there to fabricate one or not. My blade is rpetty much worn off so I think just getting a new blade will help my situation, but i was curious about a true backdrag blade too.

5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Now that I replaced the steel cutting edge on my lp, it backdrags quite well.