1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag in-action pictures, + more

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

This driveway had not been plowed in 3 days, over that time period we had about 2", than some sun, but cold, than another 1", all three days were below 25*.

This series of pictures is to illustrate how well the backdrag edge does. I pushed down the right hand side of the driveway then up the hill and to the left, staying a Subaru's length away from the garage. The portion in front of the garage was back bladed, and then for kicks I backbladed all the way to the street on the left-hand side of the driveway.

I also included a close-up of the stops that keep the blade from swinging too far back.

In answer to a PM question, if you hit something solid while backing up the blade will just jump up. its allot easier to pull than push, so no trip mechanism is necessary.

NotPlowedYet.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

PushedHill_BackdraggedGarag.jpg

3. Grn Mtn

BackdragInAction.jpg

4. Grn Mtn

comparison_pushvsbackdrag.jpg

5. Grn Mtn

FullView_looking-north.jpg

6. Grn Mtn

Sideview_pushingapile.jpg

7. Grn Mtn

CloseUp_BackdragStop.jpg

8. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Do you have to fold that down inorder to backdrag, then fold it back up to push? I have a Fisher plow too, so I may be interested in something like that.

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Nice backdrag blade, that's definitely one of the better ones I've seen on here!

Send some of that snow down to Northern, NJ...I still haven't been able to plow ONCE!:eek: :cry: :angry: ...looks like the storm we were supposed to have Thurs-Fri is a bust...:cry:

10. Grn Mtn

11. Grn Mtn

And MY TRUCK, nice avatar.:D

12. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice Grn Mtn.
    Is it poss. to post pictures of the pivot points for the back drag blade, you had a good picture of the stops but I would like to see the pivot points, also did you use flat stock and do you think the pivot pins and sleeves for a Meyer plow would work?

13. Grn Mtn

Please look at the link to a previous post, it answers many of your questions. The link is 2 posts up I think....

14. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Looks good. The comparison makes it look like you need a new cutting blade in the front. I don't know maybe a dedicated back drag blade just srapes better. I back drag with my plow and I get good results in both directions. It could be that my cutting edge is like new.
    I wish i had even driveways like that here to plow. The ones i got are all wavey and the center is raised so i cant get a clean scrape on some.

15. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Silly me

I just read the other post. Sometimes it seems that i'm a halfstep behind anyway thanks.

16. Grn Mtn

I do need a new cutting edge, but its razer sharp, just getting too warn down. The attack angle is better on the backblade, that is why it scrapes better.

I only have two good drives that I could show good results with, the rest of mine are like what you discribed.

17. Grn Mtn

No prob, if you still have any questions that didn't get answered by the other post, ask away:nod:

And thanks everyone for the nice comments, Just wish I had made it myself. I have got to say, after 4 years of adding crap to my truck, I really like it (extra lights, prowings, backblade, salter, blah blah blah). Anyone else feel the same about their truck setup?

18. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Yeah that's one thing about res. The condition of driveways. Many don't want them repaved until they have pot holes.