1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BackDrag for Fisher MM2 in RI, CT, MA Area

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beatle78, Nov 2, 2009.

1. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of anyone in RI or surrounding area that fabs backdrag blades for fisher plows?

I have a 7.5' older Minute Mount 2 RD/HD. (by older I mean the headgear only has one light mounting hole so I need to make up some brackets for the intensifiers that I'll be moving over from my MM1.

Thanks!

2. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

p.s. I did use the search button and some PMs and found one guy that does it. I was hoping for someone a little closer to home.

Thanks!

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I don"t know where you are located but i have a friend who has a welding and fab shop.He is in Hope Valley R.I.. You could give him a call . He might help you out. His number is (401-641-2118) His name is Brian

4. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Are you looking to sell you mm1? if so how much? thanks

5. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Thanks Quigly.

I found this buy on Craigslist. He's in Tewksbury, MA. These are pics of his backdragger. $250 installed.

What do you think of this?

backdrag1.jpg

backdrag2.jpg

6. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Abbe,

I'm only asking $1,000 for it. It's not perfect, but it's a solid plow with Insta-Act Pump. I used it all last year until I bought myself a MM2 this year :D

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

where are in ri are you? thats the exact plow ive been looking for. im in boston for school but on the weekends im home in cranston. think you could hang onto it until friday for me? could you possibly send me some pics or post them up? thanks alot

8. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

yah, it's not going anywhere. I haven't really listed it yet. I was going to touch it up a bit and sell it for $1200, but if you want it you can have it.

I'm swamped this week, but I live off 295 in Smithfield so you can swing by Friday or Sat to look at it.

9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Alright sweet. i wont be home until friday afternoon anyways. ill pm you with my cell

10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

That's a good looking back blade.Pretty good price too.You would have trouble getting someone to fab one up for less.Hope it works will for you.

11. stillen

stillen Senior Member

I gotta find this ad, i searched CS. cant find it.....any1 got the URL?

12. luciani634

luciani634 Member

here is my back blade

PC180125.jpg

PC180131.jpg

13. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

14. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

ahah! When you search craigslist make sure the low limit of the items you are searching for is $0. If you put $1 the backdrag blades do not show up.

15. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I had one put on my MM2 last year. The guy came to my house and fabricated it on site and it works perfect. He has done alot of them here in MA and may go to RI. I'll look for his card and post the info.

16. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Nice lookin BD blade.... I like the red contrast down there! My plow is so heavy it backdrags just fine, but i'm sure nothing compared to that thing!

17. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

That would be great, thanks.

18. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I found his name and number, and actually gave him a call to see if he would go to RI. He said he only does MA. If you don't mind the drive we have a shop in Framingham, MA you could use as a meeting place. Its a 60'x60' area, plenty of room to pull a truck in and work on it. I can post some pics of mine if you like. His price is $260 installed.

Let me know if you want his info.

19. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

I don't mind the drive. Yes, please post some pics. How do you tihnk the design of yours is compared to the one I posted above?

Thanks!!

20. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

Its hard to tell from those pictures but it is similar to the one in post #5. I'll take som pics and post them tomorrow night.