1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag edges?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BBailey, Jan 22, 2007.

1. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

Just wondering if some of you guys that have Fisher plows with back drag edges on them could post some pictures of your setup. I am trying to come up with one for mine and I am not having much luck. Thanks in advance.

2. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

do you mean the steel one that hangs behind the blade...not powered?

4. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

Yes that is the one I am thinking of. Seems like it would be real simple to make?!? Looking for some pictures to send me in the right direction.

5. mcwlandscaping

dumb question, who are you saying yes to!!?? lol

6. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

Sorry, Yes mcwlandscaping that is the style I am looking for. The non powered kind is the style I am looking for pictures of. Sorry for the confusion!!!:dizzy:

7. mcwlandscaping

lol, no worries, i will get you a couple pics of mine tomarrow........how far away from me do you live? I think i might get rid of mine since i don't use it and came with the plow when i bought it but dont want that thing clanging around up front or adding any more weight up there. So, if we are close enough together, might be able to get this to you. Not the prettiest thing, but, looks very similar to the fisher version.

8. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

I am just outside Rutland, VT. Looking forward to the pictures. Thanks

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

This is the one my plow came with when I bought it. Used it a few times and it worked well.

1.JPG

10. DeereFarmer

This shows where it mounted to the plow. A few pins and it was ready to go. Kind of a PITA for one person to do because it weighed so much, but with two people it was fine.

4.JPG

11. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

WOW! Thats the first time i have seen the powered trip edge. I like that idea. Anyone know how much it costs? Thanks, doug

12. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Doug

I called the company Maher's welding when I was looking for a new plow a couple of years ago and I think for a complete Fisher plow set up with the power trip it was about $1000-1500 more with the power trip option than just a normal plow set up. I am not sure what it is now. There was a truck in my town that had one and it appeared to work very well.

Gary

13. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks for the pictures First Time Out.

14. DeereFarmer

No problem. I like that power set up, but I could not justify that added cost. Wow!payup

15. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

THanks for the price . I guess for that i can prolly build something. I think I would like to try something similar. doug

16. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have em on all my fishers. My pics are too big to post but shoot me your e-mail and I can give a picture of em. They are very similar to some of the others shown here. Basically, bracket comes straight off of the back of lower bottom of plow, connected to a small piece of metal to a piece of straight stock. A bolt on either side make the connection from the bracket to the blade, lets it free swing oout of the way when going forward, but catches and stands straight when going backwards, if you mount it so it actually picks the balde off the ground a little it really puts the weight on that single point and helps scrape clean in reverse. Also, as it wears you can also cut the welds on the straight piece and lower or flip it and reweld as nessacary. Very simple design, usually have a local metal shop make em, couple hundred bucks installed.

17. mcwlandscaping

Mine is exactly the same as first time out has except has some square shapped cuts taken out of the top (easier to see than explain so will get pics tomm.), sorry it took so long to get back on here, i didn't have internet for awhile :(

18. DeereFarmer

MCW are those cutouts for the rams? Mine (the one I had) has a two cutouts for the rams.

19. mcwlandscaping

thats a possibility, after this last storm i have noticed that i do NEED a backdrag edge, the one ive got is way too heavy and would require me to further modify the plow. I'm just going to go to a place in hudson and have them put one on here.

Bbailey, if you want mine, its yours, it's pretty much exactly like First Time Out's.

20. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

That power trip edge was something Maher been working on for 10 years or more. I was given an article my girlfriend found with his innovation back then -- I don't think it involved all the hydraulics, but it was the first of any backdrag edge I'd seen