1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag Edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow More, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Have you guys used them before? I do not have any experience with them and am wondering if they are worth while.
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I used to have them on my Fisher Speedcast's. Fishers don't back drag very clean, so it was a must doing driveways. Westerns have a more agressive attack angle...not sure you'd need one.
  3. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

I have one on my midweight and i love the thing. I think for the lighter plows they are worth the money. Although mine back drags better then my friends pro plus - he doesn't have the back drag edge.
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Use the search function, There is like 9000 posts on "backdrag" edges
  5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I have one on my Boss. it works ok. any plow that does not have down pressure is going to ride up eventually. The backdrag edge helps it bite a little bit better. for what they cost I'm not sure if I'd buy another one. The only downside is it'll get hooked on edges and cracks, and the plow doesnt really trip backwards, so watch out for that. If you hit a good crack it'll stop the truck dead.