1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag edges for XV2?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Feb 23, 2015.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Have been using an XV2 this season, and it backdrags "decent". Works good for the fluffy/dry snow, but for those slushy storms we get sometimes where I am, it doesn't pull up enough and there is a risk for freezing whats left. I can't afford to add length to my rig with a pull plow, so thats out and would prefer not to continue hand shovel/snowblow.

I know Fisher offers a set but I had read a few comments on here that people didn't feel like they were worth the money. I'm looking to see opinions on what others have done to add back drag edges (not sure if an MVP3 would be same lower structure, probably not). Should I just bring the plow to a local welder and tell him to think up something, or has someone already gone through the effort?