1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backdrag edge??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Does fisher make a backdrag edge or are they aftermarket?

2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

after market. I have pics of some if you want ideas. just click my email link on my signature.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

they do have one for the new extreme vee i believe, saw it listed on their website.

4. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i thought fisher had a backdrag edge you could buy now?

5. Grn Mtn

yea its for the new plow, and its not as good of a design as the one on mine, lol

6. scitown

scitown Senior Member

How do you use your backdrag edge? DO you start moving in reverse and then drop the blade? Im wondering how you trip it so it is vertical? Does it work when it is horizontal.

7. Grn Mtn

the hinge on mine means that its always hanging down vertical, so I just drive up to the garage (but about 10' before I 1/2 drop the blade to shake any snow stuck to the plow off) then I drop the blade BANG, wakes'em up every time:waving: The plow is now resting on the backdrag edge, if I were to go forward (besides putting a hole in the garage) the plow would flop down onto the cutting edge and the backblade would hinge backward toward the truck and lay horizontal to the ground. Throw it in reverse and back-up. the backbladed is stopped from past perpendicular to the ground by some welded in bumpstops attached to the trip edge.

I haven't been able to backdrage with the edge laying horizontal, If I push than backup without lifting the blade the blade will just pop up onto the edge. The nice thing about the swinging is I can lift the blade at the grass edge and the backblade will still "sweep" the grass clean, or curb.

here is a link to various action picts of my blade in ... well action.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=43267

8. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Somehow you answered my question better than I asked. I was wondering...if you had the blade down and moving forward, then without lifting the plow and reversing, the back drag edge would flip to the vertical position. So at night when you park your truck and put the plow down it will rest on the back drag unless you drive forward a few inches. Thats a really great setup. Is that a front cutting edge that was fabed or just a piece of stock? I have a welder that is kicking around looking for something to do maybe I will email him some pictures for inspiration. Why doens't fisher sell back blades I just dont get it.

9. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Cuz they don't think they need to I guess. Just stupid is probably the correct answer tho lolpayup