1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BackDrag Edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RegalLawn, Oct 14, 2016.

1. RegalLawn

RegalLawn Junior Member

2. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I put this exact same one on my 8' Super Duty last year. It works really well.It comes in 2 4' sections with longer bolts. Fairly ez to install. Just be careful when back dragging that you don't catch anything because it will catch it.

3. RegalLawn

RegalLawn Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. What kind of things does/can it get hung up on? Any Examples? (I'm a newbie) I was planning on getting it for 90% driveway work.

4. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Manholes, Catch basins, Any utility top, You would be better off with a pull behind Ebling or similar. There was some Daniels for sale somewhere on PS. Of course you have to go with your budget. I can't say I ever heard anybody regret the investment on a pull behind. You will be much more productive.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Absolutely! I ran Daniels pull plows for years and they were the best money I spent on equipment for driveways. If budget is a concern buy something used. You'll be kicking a$$ on drives time wise, which means you can do more and make more money.

6. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

And if he moves into commercial he can use it there as well, Loading docks, etc. Many uses.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Ive used backdrag edges for 30 years cant remember ever snagging on anything in the driveway. HOWEVER when you raise the blade the backdrag edge is now the lowest edge I HAVE snagged that when trying to back up after a push, snaged on rocks,stumps even ice. But that is rare I still use them on all my plows. they work great.