1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag blade on Fisher 8'HD, Dealer installed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I had my dealer install this 2 years ago for $275, it works so well that if your on old pavement it can start picking it up:dizzy: That is why I always take pictures in the fall and warn customers if they have bad driveways that I might end up scraping too well:nod:

backdrag_centerhinge_closeup.jpg

backdrag_hanging_rearview.jpg

backdrag_in_reverse.jpg

backdrag_while_pushing1.jpg

backdrag_while_pushing2.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

Another view of backdrag edge

here is just another view:

backdrag_hanging_sideview.jpg

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's awesome! Did they custom fabricate that? I would love to get one!

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I know Western makes a back drag edge that can be installed on the Pro Plus plows

5. Grn Mtn

Yes the dealer is ThruWay Spring and I believe its either an employee that does it or they have someone come in an do it for them, either way I've been very pleased and I like the look of how they did it. At first I thought where they cut out for the springs and how there were only 3 hinges that something might break. But 2 years later I'm still hammering on it and no probs.

6. carsoncity

carsoncity Member

looks sweet, gotta try that

7. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

the one i built is a little different, but im liking the look of that, ill have to talk to you cause ive gotta build another for a diff truck and might have a questiond or 2, looks good though.

8. Grn Mtn

No prob, my phone number is on my website.

9. Nice job!!!

10. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

does anyone know if this style setup would work on a LD? Backdragging the 4-5" of ice pellets today was virtually non-existant.

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yup, it'll work. I had one on my LD, but never used it. Sorry to hijack your thread Grn Mtn.

1.JPG

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  12. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

do you still have it? wanna part with it?

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Sorry, I sold it in the fall. I bought it from BDavis on here. Check with him, he might have a few laying around.