1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag blade on a Boss 7.5?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Nov 11, 2011.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has bought a backdrag blade for their straight blade Boss yet and their honest thoughts on it. Looks like it cleans pretty good.Probably won't ride up and over the snow like the factory cutting edge does.Thanks. Pete

2. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

I am on my second back drag edge and will not go without one again. They are great. I bought one from western and just torched the bolt holes in it because i saved over $100 over buying one from the boss dealer.

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I bought one last year from BackDragSnow.com or something like that...it works ok. You cant backdrag forever with it scraping down to pavement. It WILL ride up eventually, just not as soon as it would without one. I was looking into buying another one for my new truck/plow but they are over $200 shipped and the price must have went up, because knowing me I wouldnt have paid that much for something like that. I might just try and swap it over to the new plow as I bought a full back blade for my other truck this year.

Oh and one more thing, make sure you survey the sites first, and check to see if theres any edges or cracks in the surface that would normally cause the plow to trip if going forward....cuz when that backdrag edge catches something, you'd better hope the fillings in your teeth are solid (if you get my drift)....

4. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

How do you put a backdrag blade on a Boss 8' Trip Edge?