1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag blade for poly?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by k&j Landscaping, Mar 4, 2010.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Have a 7.5 poly pro. Western says no backdrag blade available for poly blades. Anybody out there using one on a poly blade and if so how do you like and any pictures if you got them. Thanks.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I really believe there is not enough weight to have a back drag blade on a poly plow

3. LBZ_Dan

LBZ_Dan Junior Member

The pro poly plows are actually heavier than the steel plows....there should be more than enough weight.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

A friend of mine had the hinged type on his 8.5' poly pro. Said it worked fine

5. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Would you be able to get a picture?

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a web site showing a back drag blade that swings

If your were changing your cutting edge blade, you can use your old one to make this one....Or just have a welding shop make something like this for your plow

http://www.commandotrailers.com/backdrag

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Sorry he had his truck repoed. If the link twinman doesn't help let me know I made my Dads, mine and a few friends that are the swing type. I'll have to talk nice to the girlfriend to take and load the pics, I can run a plow with the best of them but the computer is kinda new.