1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backdrag Blade for Fisher Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by brian m, Jan 9, 2005.

1. brian m

brian m Member

Has anyone seen for sale (or made themselves) a backdrag blade to fit fisher plows? Similar to the one pictured on the Diamond plow below.

Well I was going to put a picture of it in the post but I can't figure out how to do that! Are we allowed to put pics in the post???

2. danno

danno Senior Member

I would like to get a back drag blade myself for my Fisher. Anybody know about this ?

3. snow white

snow white Member

These Can Be Fabricated By Using A Cutting Edge Placed Behind Plow Connected To The Pins That Hold Trip Edge In Place, It Is 45 Degree Towads Truck .you Have To Notch The Cutting Edge To Onto The Pins.then When Plow Is Dropped And You Reverse It Acts As A Reverse Edge

4. brian m

brian m Member

is it possible to make it work on a v-plow?

5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I saw some on Fisher plows once, a cutting edge in reverse. Wasn't this an option?

6. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

Welch's Welding in Chelsmford, MA sells them. The price I was quoted was $450.00 installed on your plow. Seems you could make one for a lot less...

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

if you have the welder, old cutting edge, hack saw and knoledge yes you can do it MUCH cheaper- no I don;t think they will work well for v plows.
    No this was never a factory option.

there are lots of things you can use in place of an old edge too- I saw one useing angle iron stock 2 weeks ago.

8. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I believe I've seen some Backdrag Blades on Fisher plows around here. I would also like to get one. I hope to get one before next season starts.

9. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Everyone around here has backdrags on their plows. We get them for around $200. You can not put one on a v-plow that will work well because has to stop in middle so snow doesn't get picked up.