1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backblade pump wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Nov 10, 2011.

1. i bought a back blade and its monarch pump with 4 wire hook up. they gave me a switch with 3 post on it they used i hooked one the wires from each coil to one end of the switch. but there is a black and white wire on sylinoid not sure how hook that up

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the black should be power to the switch. the white should activate the solenoid. the trick is to send power to the up and down coil and the solenoid at the same time.

3. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

I have the same set up that I need to figure out how to wire. Any idea where I could find a diagram?

4. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

Were going to need some pics of the pump, switch and solenoid to be sure...

5. allaspects10

allaspects10 Junior Member

ok im running into this issues as well as my monarch is in the shop getting overhauled do you guys run dual batteries in your dual plow setups or do you run a single i have a 2011 silverado 2500 hd the guys at the shop recomend upgrading to the 57c camper battery setup but its an 1100 dollar upgrade:eek: from chevy is this necessary?:dizzy:

6. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We run two batteries. We just buy an extra battery mount and battery and wire it up. $1,100.00 pretty steep.

7. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

Here is the photos of my pump. Anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram?

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

8. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

B & B Truck in Byron Center. (616) 878-1120 (off the of of my head) Their parent corp., Mason Dynamics, reubuilds Monarch pumps.

9. RefinedPS

RefinedPS Senior Member

I went there but they want $500 to wire the thing. I picked the unit up for only a little more than that. I just don't see why I can't wire it myself for considerably cheaper.

10. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Call monarch on michigan near fuller for a diagram. Since they built it they might provide a schematic.

11. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

X2, wish i could help yah further. I built my own using a fisher plow pump and quickly found there is a sequence for what solenoids need to be activated with what action. The main solenoid "Ford" also gets activated at the same time to power the motor. Your does have down pressure correct? I see two solenoids so i am assuming it does.

My truck has dual batteries from factory, but for the back plow i mount another battery in the bed and run a harness/plug from the trailer plug to recharge it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012