1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backblade pump add on

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Jan 6, 2012.

1. i have a monarch pump not sure of model number its all faded. but im looking to eventually add wings to my backblade and not sure if have to buy a whole new pump or if able to just add a couple more valves to my mine. i have a couple pics of it. be nice to just add on to it.

IMG_5010.JPG

IMG_5011.JPG

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i am not %100 sure but i dont think u can add on to that pump

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it is possible, but you will need a six way valve that is remote mounted. you will also need a much larger oil tank than that power unit has.

4. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

You need one or a couple of remote mounted spool valves. I did it to the sam type of setup years ago with and old western with manual angle and a dayton pump setup. Pump setup was power up and power down. I added and wired in another switch to just change the flow of pressure to another cylinder to angle the blade.
    If done right your raise lower switch will pull the wings out and in when the second switch is in the "wing" position and raise and lower when in that position. I would use a switch that has a momentary on position for the wings and "on" position for raise and lower.