1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Backblade For Boss Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Chris-R, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I have a very nice backblade for a Boss 8 foot trip edge snowplow. It works like a charm and scrapes driveways totally clean. It was only used for 1/2 of last season. I sold the truck and plow but kept the back blade in order to sell it here. To install, just drill a hole on each side of the plow, push the pins in (supplied), and hook up the back blade. It's real easy. Local pickup in Massachusetts. $ 125 firm. Thank you for looking.

009.jpg

007.jpg

2. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

What is the chain for?

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

if the back blade was to hang down straight, does it sit at the same height as the cutting edge? Also where in MA?

4. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Ford445: I never used the chain. The purpose was so that if you plow roads for a city or town, you can keep the backblade from dragging on the ground. Besides driveways, i plowed a condo development with a few miles of roads and I never used the chain. The backblade simply dragged behind the plow and wasn't affected.

06HDBoss: When you put the plow down, the backblade ends up behind the plow ready to be dragged along as you push snow. The backblade doesn't do anything if you are going forward. It just drags. When you put your truck in reverse and start going backward, the backblade pivots and "hops up" and starts scraping snow backwards. If you go forward again, the backblade starts dragging behind the plow again and your cutting edge does the job.

It works exceptionally good. I was super happy with it but I don't have the plow anymore.

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

how well would one of these work on a v-blade, not this one since it is for a straight blade?

6. 06HD BOSS

LOL i understand how it works, but maybe i didnt ask my question clear enough. When backblading and the blade "hops up" does it sit at the same height as the front cutting edge or does it sit lower to scrape better? If that still doesnt make sense, heres a pic of one a member posted a while ago...notice how when backdragging it sits lower....

BackdragInAction.jpg

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

It looks like it hangs lower than the acual front cutting edge. Really I would think this would work with any straight blade providing it is the same width as the one you have. And if its a boss or not too.

8. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thank's Chris, I may be interested, need to check the funds. Where in MA are you?

9. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

It looks exactly like the pic posted by 06HD Boss when back dragging. It scrapes right down to the pavement.

Ford 445, I am in Blackstone, MA

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  10. JB2311

JB2311 Junior Member
    from ct

do you still have the back dragblade im very interested i live in ct let me know thanks

11. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Yes I still have it. If you want to buy it, shoot me an email and we can set up a time when you can come to look at it. I'm in Blackstone, MA

christopherryan@mailworks.org

12. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Anyone interested?

13. 06HD BOSS

wish you were a little closer. youre about 95 miles from me.

14. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Do you still have the edge

Hey i saw your backdrag blade and i saw something just like that on another plow. I have a FIsher MM1 plow with the trip edge. I do a lot of driveways and something like this would be a life saver if it cleared packed snow too. Do you still have the Edge ? I live near Fall river maybe we could arrange a pick up ? If you do not still have it do you make them or know where to get it made ? Thanks