1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

backblade for 99 f-250 with 5.4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by redplowmanson89, Jan 20, 2012.

1. redplowmanson89

redplowmanson89 Junior Member

i have a 99 f-250 with a 5.4 i know these motors are not powerhouses but if i were to put a swing wing back blade on my truck would the truck lack the power to pull snow .....just looking for some opinions..........thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Motor has less to do with how it will work than the weight of the truck and condition of the tires. I have an ec with a V10 3.73's and will loss traction before I run out of motor and that is with heavy/wet snow. Never a problem with normal to fluffy snow. Pulls better with salt in bed over and behind the rear tires.
  3. blmc5150

blmc5150 Member

Yes, weight and tires. There's half-tons around here with swing-wings on them. I think you'll be fine. I've got a '02 EC 5.4L w/ just an 8' backblade and it could handle more.