1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back-up truck???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PlowVA, Nov 19, 2005.

1. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

My wife got her H3....and you know what I'm thinkin'!!! ;)

Had it out at a Hummer event two weeks ago. Did everything the H1s and H2s did. It's a great little truck for her. I want one of the H1s. Those things are beautiful pieces of machinery!!

backup truck 2.jpg

Mid trail.jpg

post trail.jpg

My wife in a buddy's H1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Not to rain on your parade, but the H1 is it's own animal. The H2 is on a Tahoe/Suburban chasis and isn't the H3 a Trailblazer with different sheetmetal? I've seen a Fisher setup on an H2, and I guess you could do the same with the H3...

Our Monsignor at church was driving an H3 for a while as he waited for his new car to arrive. His family owns a Chevy dealership.

3. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

yeah, I know. But after the chassis and the engine, the H3 is all it's own beast. And yes, of course, the H1 is far better, and FAR MORE EXPENSIVE!!!

It is my wife's truck, and I wouldn't take my Tahoe thru what that H3 did!

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I thought the H3 was supposed to be a colorado?

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Looks like a Jeep Cherokee to me...:dizzy:

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a piece of ...... to me:D

7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

guys, your missing the friggin' point. I was joking. There is no way I'm hanging a blade on an H3. 2nd point. I was fairly impressed with it's offroad capabilities, being that my wife drives it to her office everyday and the onroad qualities are fine. 3rd point. It is a Colorado chassis and they do share the very economical 5 cylinder engine. She gets 20 mpg on the highway. That's a bunch better than my Tahoe. I plow with the Tahoe, I tow with the Tahoe, and all she does is drive with the H3 (maybe hauls the dogs around town).

8. Now Fella's, everyone has opinions of other trucks, and thats fine, but really???? This is a brand new truck, no matter what its made from its got the Hummer name on it. Almost all manufacturers use parts from their other vehicles to come up with what the public wants. The H3 is based off the colorado, but only some minor features, it is its own machine. I would dare to put it up against all the other midsized sport utility machines:drinkup:

Anyway,,,,all I'm trying to say is BE NICE...Its new, its nice, and I wish I could afford one for my wifepayup payup

9. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

Good point.

I think we're all just a bit jealous! :p

~Matt

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The local Hummer dealership built a "hummer offroad course" The h2/3's scrape in a few places, where as my buddy's stock Rubicon did not. Its an impressive attempt, but still a bit pricey for a name tag imo.

I do think its respectable that you actually wheeled it.

11. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Thanks Johnny. I did "high spot" on a rock at one point. Went through a huge mud puddle and up a hill coming out of it. Followed an H2 that had a little trouble getting out. Should have tried to go out on the left side and not follow him. Didn't give it quite enough gas and got her stuck. H2 couldn't pull me off it going forward, had to have an H1 pull me off backwards. My wife was just sitting on a log on the side of the trail, pissed as all hell. Wouldn't even watch them get me off. I'm not sure she was ready to believe that the truck was built to do that kind of stuff. We have the Adventure (Offroad) package on it (33in. tires, locking rear diff., extra skid plates underneath.) My first time offroading, and it definitely will NOT be my last!!:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

VA,

I was only kidding...I actually always wanted an H1 myself. Didn't mean any disrespect, and surely didn't mean anything like the guy posted under me.

By the way, when your wife drives it down the highway, is she always on her cell phone? :eek:

Oooops, just kidding again... :drinkup:

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, ouch...:nod:

14. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Thanks NJ. Actually she used to be on that damn phone while driving all the time. With the new OnStar service, we connected her cell phone service to the car (the car cell service uses her Verizon Wireless minutes now). Now she can take/make all the calls hands-free while driving, and I can sleep much better at night!! :sleeping:

15. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

Yea i would like one of those new H1's, the alpha...That way you don't have the dog 6.2l diesel. YOu get the new duramax and ally tranny.

Yea the H3/2 is just a toy, there won't be anything that compares to the H!