1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back up plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chev2500plow, Nov 30, 2007.

1. chev2500plow

chev2500plow Member

Would it be a good idea to have a back up truck in case your truck breaks down.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A back up? I will never brake down!!! :D Non of My customers will ever bail on me because I didn't do the job in a timely manor. No other plower would try to take MY customer if he see's a him shoveling out his car because I broke down or got hit by an idiot.

(I hope you plow near me, Every year I pickup a couple of customers because there plower is unreliable)payup

3. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

BAckup?

Use a SuperPlow, to speed up when your FMP is working slick saving time and payup.... AND have a built in back-up with a lot less breakdowns....Just an idea.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

FMP?

how does a super plow help with a broken U-joint or getting T boned by an idiot?

5. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

FMP Front Mount Plow....

No Guarantees against idiots....:dizzy:

6. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Definitely nice to have a backup plow truck...or two. We run our Fords as our primary plow trucks and have two 80's model Chevy trucks both with 7.5' Westerns just waiting for the Fords to break down. They both run great, they're just not the prettiest things on the road. I was actually out driving one of them doing errands today.

I guess my point is is that if you can find a good deal on an older truck, why not have a backup. You don't want to have to rely on someone else when you're in a bind! Just buy a second mount so that you can interchange your plow whenever necessary.