1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back up lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by M&A Property Maintenance, Dec 2, 2008.

1. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well its a cute idea ... but by lookin at the pic ... it shows trailer wiring plug ... so by using that plug how do you get your reverse light to operate them .. trailer wiring harnesses or only for parking lights and turn signals ... am i right or wrong ?? .. unless you ran a seperate switch then the harness on those lights would have to be changed ...

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Ground, that guy doesnt even know how to plow snow, let alone wire lights.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

its on a 7 pin plug, which has reverse function

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Yes, the wiring in trailer plugs is setup to only come on in reverse.

6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

MFig, I dont think those are a good idea, becuase if you were backing up into snow piles and all, you would almost definitly break those in no time.

7. M&A Property Maintenance

you are wrong. the seven pin setup has a reverse wire in it

8. M&A Property Maintenance

good drivers don;t back into snow banks Gicon. Cmon

9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

True. True.

10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Real plow drivers, who know how to really plow snow, back into snow banks.

11. M&A Property Maintenance

I know. I had a set of those white night lights. I think they lasted 2 storms before they were toast

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

it must be wired for back up lights only.

13. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I dont need back up lights on my truck, as a good plow driver, never goes in reverse. You cant make money when the plow is up, or the truck is in reverse. I always find a way to keep going forward and never have reverse. I am actually thinking of taking that gear out of my truck, for less weight = better gas mileage, since I never use it.

14. M&A Property Maintenance

You should take your plow off too and just sit on the couch when it snows. sitting on the couch=better gas milage

15. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I took out half of the pins, and trip edge springs on my X Blade. Less weight = Longer lasting cutting edges.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Here's my setup. I only run the under bumper lights while plowing. The ones on the backrack are really nice for loading trailers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Well I bought them... I was tired of trying to come with something that would work, -without drilling holes and running wires, -and I was just as tired of hanging lights under the truck that kept failing, including those crappy White Knights which only lasted 1 season. So I'm trying these. I figure if these fail I can put other lights into the bracket. Time will tell how they work out for me, but right now they are the best set up I've seen, and they do look sturdy!

18. M&A Property Maintenance

nice, you will have to let me know how they hold up. glad i could help you out

19. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

They sure seem pricey. They look like the rubber lights you buy at Napa for $12 a piece. So $24 in lights and that little bit of steel for $70 something? I guess we will see how they last.

20. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

count me in as well, i just ordered a set ;)