1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back-Up Lights....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by F250 Boss v, Aug 19, 2008.

1. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Anyone know of a GOOD auxillary back up light system? I've run all kinds over the years, including my latest try - Black Knight lights, -lasted almost one season... Before a connection corroded, and yes they were sealed up, -guess not good enough. I really don't want to have to drill into anything, if possible, and I already have the "hi-output light bulbs" in my back-up lights... Thanks for any suggestions. :help:

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

best bet is a head ach rack w/ some of those cat lights there super bright . blue line ent. can get them fyi

3. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

have you tried White Knight back up lights. they slide into your trailer recevier and still allow you to use it. and the plug into your tow pakage. i have them and love them

4. F250 Boss v

Thanks for the replies. Yes I tried the White Knights, that what I meant to say, instead of Black Knight. They only lasted one season for me, and I had sealed them up too...

5. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

Did you ever hang a fog light or driving light back there and use a relay off your back up lights to switch it on and off?

6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Do it once, and do it right! Call Blueline and get the cat lights.

7. F250 Boss v

Thanks, but what are 'Cat Lights' ??? -And how do I get ahold of Blueline? Do they have a web site? Thanks again!

8. mike psd

from pa

what we are calling "cat lights " their lights from a Caterpillar skid steer i believe . blueline ent is a member here on the site and does lighting and wiring for some of the member too . heres how too contact him Blue line ent

9. F250 Boss v

Thanks again, I found Blue Line site on line. I think I have finally decided what I'm going to try this year. I'm going with a portable 90lb. pull, magnetic mount light that plugs into the cig. lighter, 15 ft. cord, and will have an in-line on/off switch, -which I install. I only need it for my long drive, and will simply take it off when done. I'm just tired of hanging stuff off the back that rusts, breaks, or just stops working for whatever reason. So maybe for me this type of approach will work. The light is sold by Northern Equipment and is used on alot of farm tractors, and by by some who plow, for $26.00 it's worth a shot to me.

10. AFord350Flo

AFord350Flo Junior Member

11. F250 Boss v

Wish I had seen this earlier, looks like it just might work. But right now I have the mag. mount light on the roof, just behind my min Liberty LED light, it does give me very good light, -and they screwed up and sent me two for the price of one, I let them know and they just said it was their mistake to just keep the second one on them! So I should be set for awhile. But thanks for the info! I'll try to post some pic's of the set up when I get a chance.

12. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Just go buy a KC Daylighter and bolt it on!!!! LOL

13. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The problem with the KC's is they are to much of a spot light. go to the junk yard and get some Chevy headlight brackets that hold the small headlight. nice non spot lighting. (only thing a Chevy is good for ...donating head lights.:D)

14. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

does any one have a picture or link to these "cat lights"
    thanks
    Kyle

15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I buy flood lights from Farm & Fleet. Kinda like farm implement flood lights, they're about $13 and bright as hell. I have 2 mounted on all the spreaders and wired with 4 prong trailer plugs so when the spreaders get unhooked, all you gotta do is unplug them. The wiring is then ran to a switch panel in the cab. Cheap fix and they do the trick.xysport

16. mike psd

from pa

hey kyle
    http://bluelineenterprises.com/truckB.html number 8 should be the one there are pics on here of night time

17. ColliganLands

thanks for the link.. any idea how much those cost?
    Thanks,
    Kyle

18. mike psd

from pa

you can pm blue line ent for that if i remember last year something like 30 something i might be wrong but i do remember they where pricey but very bright and tough from the guys that have them

19. ColliganLands

ill send him a pm.. those lights look sweet and it looks like one more thing that im going to add to my rolling christmas tree lol

20. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

rolling christmas tree. i like that one