1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back up lights

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by sabres07, Oct 6, 2011.

1. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

I have a long, curved driveway and when backing up at night while plowing, it is very hard to see behind me. On my previous truck, I had some small rectangular lights (purchased at Walmart) installed under my rear bumper. They worked Ok but I always wished I had something brighter. I have a new truck now and I am looking for some bright lights to put under the rear bumper. I would like to be able to turn them slightly outwards so that they illuminate to the side and rear. Any recommendations on what lights to purchase?????
  2. G-chop

G-chop Junior Member

I have the GG304LED back-up buddy and have been very pleased. The lights them self are on a swivel type mount so you can angle them in/out or up/down.
  3. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi sabres07 if you go on our website www.back-upbuddy.com click on photos you can see the light output of the different lights we carry. Also we give a 10% discount on the GG304 model to plowsite members if you go to www.back-upbuddy.com/plowsite.asp and order from there.
  4. backupbuddy

Hi G-chop glad to hear your happy with your back-up buddy. We appreciate your business.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Is their a discount on the 50 watt lights or just the 35 watt ones?
  6. backupbuddy

Hi Goldpro
    Yes there is discount on both, if you click on the down arrow where the price for the 35Watt Amber strobe is, the 50Watt Amber will be next, and all the other options. The discount is on all GG304 and GG304LED models.
  7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

First thing: Dont waste your money on those lights from walmart!
    The best thing we have ever done was buy these lights. These are the same lights on John deere Combines. Yes for a pair its about $130 but they are the best We have ever used!

Click here to check them out.
  8. Greystorm

Greystorm Member

thanks foster i'm gonna pick up a pair
  9. jkski

jkski Member

I have fairly dark tinted front windows on the truck which, when up, make it tough to see without the aid of some good backup lights. Currently, I've got 2 35w utility lights hanging from the bottom of the bumper but I need more light. So, I really like the backup-buddy but need to know what the absolute brightest possible unit is....is the 50wLED brighter than the 50w regular? Can you go any brighter?

I would love nothing more than to turn the area behind me into daylight but I do not want to mount lights all over the back of my truck, so the back-up buddy type system would work great.
  10. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Take a look at the photo section from backup buddy. The 1350 lumen LED is insanely bright. I originally had the 280 and returned it. One because I found out I wasn't able to plow that season and 2, it just wasn't bright enough for me... It was more of a direct light to me then a flood light. Now that Gary has the 1350, I'm ordering again..

11. icedawg17

icedawg17 Junior Member

i just ordered the 280 led it looks awesome cant wait to use it