1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back up lights

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BBP, Apr 23, 2011.

1. BBP

BBP Junior Member

I am looking for a good set of back up lights that will mount on my back rack. Any ideas? I was looking at the following

Truck-Lite® 4¾"LED Flood Light
    Rugged LEDs stand up to water, road debris and vibration.

Item #: LED27
    Weight (lbs): 1.5
    Description: Flood Light
    Price: $127.99

In stock! Usually ships within 1 business day.

DetailsDetails
    ■6 LEDs
    ■1.2 amp draw
    This flood light features a tough cast aluminum housing, a polycarbonate lens, tilting mounting bracket and stainless steel mounting hardware. Plus, the LEDs are brighter and whiter than standard incandescent lamps with almost 1⁄3 less current draw. This means increased battery and alternator life while allowing you more power for other truck requirements. 3,000 candlepower. 12 VDC.

2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The DDM's are the way to go. LED lighting at a fraction of the cost of the big name brands. I have many of them, and seem to be great lights. If your mounting them on a back rack, be prepared for alot of glare off of things in, and the bed it's self. I like to keep my reverse lights under the rear bumper just to reduce glare. I was thinking this summer about possibly mounting all my reverse lights in the rear bumper just to give everything a cleaner look.

4. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

I mounted a cheap pair of reversing lights to my salter. Don't need them any other time really. I might mount a set to my back rack but so they shoot out 45 degrees for the backblade I'm ordering.

5. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Sound Off 1400 Lumen LED work lights. best thing I ever added to my back rack

6. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

........x2!!!