1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back-Up Lights... Let's See 'Em

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DozerMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. DozerMan

DozerMan Junior Member

If some of you guys could post some pics of your back-up or rear projection lights, I'd appreciate it. I want a set for my Silverado for plowing. I'd like to get a good brand that is bright and projects well. It needs to be mounted somewhere probably under the bumper or hitch. I'd also like to just wire them to a separate switch and not run off of my reverse lights.

I'm aware of the Back-Up Buddy, I'm just seeing what all is out there. It needs to be durable enough where it won't break if I go into a snow bank, so maybe a rubber housing around it? Also, I'm not sure if I would get more light out of LEDs or regular halogen lights? I know LEDs are brighter to look at, but do these style of LED lights put out more lumens and light up better than standard lights? Thanks for any input...

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

6. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Backup lights. Homemade hitch light. These come on with the reverse lights.
    [​IMG]

Work Lights. These work off of a switch and a relay.
    [​IMG]

T.J.

8. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

9. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

You can get a little more sophisticated and use a 2 position switch and have them activated by your backup lights or manually switch on. A 3 position switch would allow for not being used at all position.

10. DozerMan

DozerMan Junior Member

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

12. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Here is what I have they are two 55 watt lights on each side

13. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

14. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

15. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

16. coachglynn

coachglynn Junior Member

Piaa makes a nice kit. They give you all the wire, relay and switch. When installed they come on in reverse, when switched on, or always off depending which position you have the switch in. The kit is a little pricey but if you shop around you can do ok. Sorry I don't have a picture.