1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back up light ideas

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by herb1001, Oct 7, 2011.

1. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

I need some good ideas on where to mount my back up lights. Pictures help!

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

On the bumper, under the bumper, on a bracket in the receiver hitch, on the side of the hitch frame, up on the bed rails, on a bracket stuck into the rear stake pocket, on a backrack, up your... :eek:

j/k :p

Poke around a bit... Many have been posted already!

3. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

there is a thread just below called rear work lights and I have a pic posted in that thread of the back of my truck. Might help you out. alot of light and clean install.

4. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Bought this light bar from a local guy a couple years ago - works great. I'm mulling switching out the work lamps for some LED work lamps this year though as the cheap carparts rubber housing work lamps, though they work well, could be brighter and throw a better pattern. The arm folds down out of the way to open the tailgait. It's just plugged into the trailer plug, and I have threatened to hook up a relay but haven't yet and haven't had any issues.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

6. bossdude

bossdude Junior Member

Theres a new product I checked out at a Snow and Ice show here in Mass. Its called Back-Up Buddy.
    You can check it out @ backupbuddy.com or google it. It mounts to your reciever hitch and plugs in to your trailer light socket. Pretty cool set up.

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I have one and love it. They are a sponsor or at least used to be. I'll be ordering another.

8. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

i never did post a pic of mine, what kind of truck? i have a 98 silverado (ecsb) and it has a factory trailer hitch on it, which hangs down a bit from under the bumper. so i took two cheapo 55watt lights from meijer, they are rectangular and about 1"tall, 4-6" wide, and mounted them in between the reciever and bumper. cant even see them standing behind it, and they flood out great. i will try to take or find a pic

9. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

I like these, really bright and a good light.