1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back-up camera

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Elite Property Services, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Does anyone have any feedback on back-up cameras I have seen some inexpensive ones that might be particularly useful on residential drives or even spreading salt. Maybe I am crazy but I like the idea.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wals Mart have them for 100 bucks.You would have to mount it higher up so it don't get cover in snow.

3. Elite Property Services

I was thinking bout mounting on the back of the tailgate spreader to keep it out of the snow.

4. Elite Property Services

Maybe while I am at wally world I can help the us maint. subs clear the lot.LOL

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6. Elite Property Services

Busted Salt spreader $1,500
    Bent Bumper $200
    Bent Tailgate $200
    Made in china back up-camera PRICELESS

7. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Haha, nice. If you go with the Wally world set up, let us know how it goes. A good set up from Ecco is $600 clams. I'd say you probably couldn't go wrong with the Ecco system. Here's a link...http://www.inlad.com/eccowidescreenlcdbackupcamerasystemmodelk7001.aspx?DepartmentId=592 Not sure if it's $500 better then the Wally world model.

8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

check out cabcam, i have one in every truck, all have 3 cameras, one at rear for salt/liquid, one pass. side facing forward, one pass. side facing backwards. i paid 300 for 1 cam and color 7" screen, really awesome

9. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

on our swat trucks use the cameras off ebay that have the night vision built in. The picture is very clear and the team can be seen clearly by the driver when we are in dark situations.

I still need to install one with my in dash DVD player...just slow at getting projects knocked out this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I bought one from www.rvcams.com I have had it for 2 years now with no problems, has night vision. I would not plow again without one.

Regards Mike

11. Elite Property Services

FLY where did you mount the cam any pics.

12. flykelley

I have a Downeaster salt spreader that hangs on my dump insert, bolted it to the top of spreader.

IMG_1484.jpg

13. flykelley

That is not a good web address, do you have another one for them??

Mike

14. flykelley

Hi Fireman 89 I cant seem to post the picture of my camera, so send me a PM with a email address and I will send you a picture.

Regards Mike

15. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I will look into it and get back to you.

16. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

here is mine I have a 7" monitor custom mounted where my factory radio was located I currently have the cam mounted on my plate so when I hook up the landscape trailer I can get it first try !!! I will have it placed on the spreader so I can see both the drive and that I am throwing product!!!!

backup cam.jpg

17. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

here ya go !!

cam.jpg

18. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Shows added safety precautions for your customers. Nice camera!

19. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I have one of the 100 dollar walmart cameras. It has a good picture even at night. But it goes out quite a bit. It's wireless from the camera to the monitor so a lot of things interfere with it. Although it does pick up other wireless cameras sometimes which can be entertaining. There is a bar here that when I drive by my monitor picks up one of their security cameras. I also had a dance studio camera pop up driving around one day.

20. flykelley

Thanks Doo Man.

Mike