1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Up Camera for Pick-ups

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSeasons, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Anybody see the show Trucks today?

What did you think of the Edge Products new A-2 back up camera, GPS and horsepower thingy?

Might be my next toy. We plowers back up alot and the camera has no wires except the plug in to the trailer hitch plug. Mount that bad boy anywhere, tailgate, spreader or bedrail.....Then there's the GPS, self explanatory, those things are cool.

Oh yeah, it's got this horsepower chip in it, too, if ya go for that sort of thing.
    http://www.edgeproducts.com/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  2. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Yeah, that camera looks pretty cool. I would always be afraid of the thing falling off, so I'd have to bolt it on. But the Edge seems pretty serious though.

3. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

i think using my mirrors would be a hard habit to break. :)

4. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

cool toy

my wife bought an RV(33 feet ) and it came with a color back up monitor. It is a necessity on this thing. but I find my self using all the time even just driving. you see that tail gater just off the back. this would be a real useful tool on a large truck with a sander on the back. this would be a great safety upgrade for anyone not to mention you now have a color monitor to pipe in gps,dvd or what ever. the other cool thing is that it has sound so you can hear what is behind you as well (have to be careful what I say while outside the rig.)

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

bcf

Yeah! Bolt it on. Probably would keep it from walking away, too.

jpunlimited

You make me want to go buy one right now.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

So what happens when you get snow on the lens while plowing....I'll stick to mirrors for now but it's an interesting idea.

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Some cameras have built in heaters....Rob

8. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

???
    justme,

What happens if you get snow on your mirrors?

wstwind

Who in the h#ll said this thing would take the place of a rear veiw mirror? :rolleyes: