1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back-up buddy... Help

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by jddozer79, Jan 12, 2015.

1. jddozer79

jddozer79 Junior Member

I just recently received my back- up buddy on Friday and love it! There is a problem that I am having though. I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel and the the back-up buddy is the led w/ the yellow flasher. I can only get it to work in reverse which is fine. But I would also like to take advantage of the other features on it such as getting the lights to stay on and exspecially the yellow flasher. I have tried to switch it on w/ my parking lights on also w/ my lights on and also switch them on while my truck was in reverse w/ no luck. The only setting that works on my back-up buddy is the reverse setting. I have checked all of my fuses in my truck and the are good. Thinking that is my be something w/ the new Rams. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. hellion

hellion Member

Have back-up buddy installed on my 2014 Ram 6.4 hemi 3500 srw. My yellow led flasher can be switched to continuous on (forward and reverse) as long as headlights or marker lights are illuminated. Same scenario with the back-up buddy's 2 main reverse white led's

3. jddozer79

jddozer79 Junior Member

Thanks hellion for the reply. I have tried it w/ the parking lights on and no luck. Just not sure why it will work in reverese but when I turn the switches on w/ the lights on I've got nothing. Going to try to hook it up to a different truck tomorrow. Thanks!

4. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Hi please let me know how you make out. Have you takin a light tester to check the 7 way on your truck? Again please let me know how you make out.
    Gary

5. jddozer79

jddozer79 Junior Member

Fixed!

Hey Gary, finally tracked down the problem! It did end up being a 20amp fuse... Feel like a idiot but the new style of fuses on my truck are impossible to tell if they are blown. Thank for the help everyone!

6. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Great glad to hear it. Gary