1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Back to Top" button

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by QuadPlower, Feb 22, 2008.

1. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a lazy man. Is there any way the web designers could put a "Back to Top" button at the bottom of all the pages. After reading 20 posts, it is kind of a hassel to scroll back to the top in order to click on the PlowSite.com™ - Snow Plowing & Ice Management Forum > PlowSite.com Community Support > Rules, FAQ's, Support & Announcements links.

Or could they put the PlowSite.com™ - Snow Plowing & Ice Management Forum > PlowSite.com Community Support > Rules, FAQ's, Support & Announcements links at the bottom for even faster navagation.

Its not a huge deal, but the faster I can get to the next post, the faster I can post my wisdom :dizzy:

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

at the very bottom of the page you should see a gray tool bar...and on the right hand side there is a "Top" link that you can click that will take you back to the top of the page

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Or you could use the backspace button.

4. QuadPlower

Michael J. Donovan: That little thing. I've never even went that far down the page before. Guess you have thought of everything.

Mark Oomkes: I've been on the internet since back when there weren't any pictures and 256k was a big hard drive and I never new the backspace button could be used for navagation. The only issue with the Back or the Backspace button is after submiting a post those buttons take you back to the "reply to thread" page.

Thanks for the info guys and I will try using the Top button.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some keyboards have a "page up" button as well.

6. QuadPlower

Top button works great. Glad I asked. I guess there really are no dumb questions.

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Also the "Home" key on the computer as well as the "Page Up" key.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get a 2-Button USB Optical Mouse with Scroll Wheel then with a small movement of the wheel with your finger you can scroll up and down the pages of any site you go to with ease..

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

most keyboards have pageUp/Down and Home/End buttons. the Home button takes you to the top of the website and the End button takes you to the bottom of the website. The pageUp button will scroll the screen just enough to show you the next page of info, which may or may not be the top/bottom of the screen, its useful if reading lots of text and don't want to keep clicking the arrows at the right of the screen, oh, if your clicked on the web page you can also just hold down your arrowUp key on the keyboard and that will move you to the top.