1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back this year to our average snowfall totals

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 12, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last couple years have been below,this year we are at "officially " 92 inches but its closer to well over 100 inches for the season.:drinkup:

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Probably good news for you.Helps keep the seasonal prices at a reasonable level. We're at about 40" with another 5-10" tomorrow(depending on who you believe).Average here on coast is around 25",good year for us.Rock on:drinkup:

3. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

I too am up around 90" for the season. Forecast says we may get above 32 degrees for the first time in a month it seems. Need some warm days to start melting these mountains of snow. I feel like I'm on vacation, it's been nearly 4 days since I plowed last.

4. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

I didn't wake up until 7am. I feel the same!

We are only at 73.3. nut sure feels like more than that with all the 1 inch runs.

5. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

This year has seemed more normal down here too (southern tier, western NY) where are you guys getting the season totals?

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

We are at our season average of 144" or 12 feet the beginning of feb. tymusicpayup

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

No idea what ours is, or even where to find it. We are usually just under what Buffalo gets...

8. grandview

It was in the News the other day.

9. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

I get my info from NOAA.

10. leigh

from CT

The race is on! Just got a foot,then 1" overnight and 4" Sat. Somewhere around 50" + .Bring it on!

11. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I don't know the totals but I'm lovin it. I'm making more doing snow removal then cutting lawns in the summer. Of course we don't get hit hard like we have this year. I have customers telling me I'm having a great year this season. No problem getting paid either. I get my rate and usually a $10-20 tip.

12. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I'm ready for spring.

13. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

GV,
    looks like you are in the lead for the Golden Snowball Award this year. We have 75 inches so far this year in Rochester NY.

14. grandview

15. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Syracuse wins it a lot....

16. leigh

from CT

We're "inching" up on the record! Just got one inch!Turtle versus hare. Time to head out!

17. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhere around 92-93" here, officially.

Above normal, no where close to a record.

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We're still the snowiest city in the nation wesport....you can have it! Last I looked we were at 110" but that was over a week ago. Even local forecasters said areas like the snow belt which is a matter of a couple miles south of my house are well above that. Ive had so many people say we're having such a bad winter, I say no its just a typical (maybe a few inches more) winter. How soon they forget,lol

20. The only year close to the average on that trophy was 2003-2004, for a city of at least 100,000 population, Syracuse, NY is the snow capital of the USA. Last Monday Syracuse got 5 inches, up by Lake Ontario we got over 2 ft in less than 24 hours. Lake Erie is almost froze over, stopping the lake effect, but Lake Ontario has a lot open water.