1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Right break bad not grabbing when breaks are applied

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sharpcutlc, Apr 11, 2007.

1. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

i just added a air bag suspenstion kit to my 01 f-250 and when takeing the tires off i applied the break and had someone loosen the lugs. i noticed that the back passenger tire still spun when breaks were applied. the back driver side did not!! how do you adjust the back breaks on this truck?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since your truck has rear disc brakes, their are no adjustments to make. More than likely the problem is that the caliper is froze up due to corrosion on the slide pins which wont allow the caliper to move in order to squeeze the pads against the rotor. It's a very common problem with the rear disc's on the Super Dutys. You may be able to remove the caliper and free the slide pins up but usually I just end up replacing the entire caliper.

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I'll second what B$B said.

4. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

thank you guys for your advice and i will look more into it tomorrow. i appreciate it!!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help out Sharp, thats what were here for.:salute: