1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back racks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike_09, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

Where do you guys get these back racks at? I would like to put one on my truck but ill be getting an ez-dumper dump insert and don't know if i would have to remove it or what?

2. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

Ah...Google "back rack" ?

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mike if you are buying a Ez dumper just order it with a cab guard and you will not need a Back Rack.

Good Luck Mike

4. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

flykelley, thanks

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

just remember if you get a cab protector as part of the dump insert you will need to run all the wiring to the back of the box, then under the insert then to the cab protector. that is if you want to mount any lights on the cab protector. :)

6. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

i bought my back rack at napa

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, not a bad idea at all..

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

If you deceide to go with the back-rack and are interested in mounting a Mini-Edge let me know came up with a clean neat way to mount the bar!

light bar.jpg

9. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

Looks Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Big Dog D,
    I have a whelen mini-edge lights bar (the thing version) and have a backrack. I mounted it using backracks light bar mounts, but sometimes it sits to high in my opinion, especially for low clearance areas. Basically what I am getting to is how you mounted your light bar.

11. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Mike 09,
    Just to let you know, you can get a back rack and other truck equipment at:

- www.awdirect.com

They are out of Connecticut and have all sorts of stuff including lighting; whether halogen or strobe, whatever you want basically. I have ordered from there before and don't have any complaints. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  12. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

thanks dieseltroop

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good looking setup you got there Big.

14. Big Dog D

I bought some 3'' aluminum channel and cut it to fit the bottom of the light bar then bevel cut the ends to taper down to the width of the bar of the rack., then drill and tap the the bar and bolt them down that way. The other thing is I drill the rack and run the wires through the rack rather than zip tying the cable to the rack.

Like somebody else already said A.W. Direct is the best supplier for lighting and switching stuff.

15. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Cool, thanks for the reply

16. Big Dog D

Dieseltroop, PM me if you want better pics of the bracket I made.

17. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

ive always loved the look of the backracks. They just add so much to the look of the truck and sometime in the not so distant future ill have one on my truck atleast