1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back racks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fisher42, Oct 27, 2004.

1. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

can someone send some pics of their trucks with back racks, i'm thinkin about buyin one and want to check em' out-thanks

2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I dont have a picture but I have 1 for sale. has tool box mounts and possibly a toolbox.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Here's mine. I've got a tool box mounting kit for sale on ebay right now. :waving:

Resized_Resized_DSC00019.jpg

4. wls

wls Senior Member

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

My friend made this one for me!! It is pretty Heavy Duty!! It is attached to 3.5" angle that runs the length of the bed side! :waving:

MVC-003S.JPG

6. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Wow, that's a work of art!!! Pete

7. Boast Enterpris

He came up with his own design but modeled it after the Ranch Hand brand. I bet the thing weighs 300 lbs. I don't have to worry about the ATV coming through the back glass. :waving:

8. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

ok.....somewhat fixed and only slightly anoyed with the forum software :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  9. ratlover

from IL

Thanks Boast :)

back.JPG

10. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

What are the demensions on the racks I want to have one custom built but have no idea on the specs. Help me please :waving:

Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape

11. ratlover

from IL

Dimensions very depending on the truck. I made mine with quite few "field determined" demensions. Tacked it up and moved it around till it looked good.

If you dont have a friend or someone that dosnt really want to make alot of $ or someone that you can work out a deal with something like my or Boast's rack would cost quite a bit.

If you have any specific questions leme know. What purpose do you want the rack to serve, whats it going on, lights ect? Do you want something that looks good and offers a little bit of protection and a place to mount you lights or something like boasts thats built to withstand a nuclear blast? How important is vis....ect. I have a fairly deccent write up on my rack but I dont think I could come up with a set of plans for it.....Lotsa stuff that looks like its at 90* isnt and such. I tacked up a bit of it on the truck. If you give us lotsa specifics on what you want it to do and some ideas on looks we can help you with some ideas.

12. Boast Enterpris

Here is one more picture of mine.

MVC-008F.JPG

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Very nice :)

14. johncg72

johncg72 Junior Member
    from nj

the original backrack

Hi, I SELL THE BACKRACK AND JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW IN MOST CASES YOU CAN NOT GO FROM A FORD TO A CHEVY OR DODGE WITH THE BACKRACK. IT IS CUSTOM DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED TO BE VEHICLE SPECIFIC THIS IS WHY WHEN YOU DO SEE THE BACK RACK ON THE ROAD IT LOOKS GREAT. YOU CAN FIND AUTHORIZED DEALERS THROUGH THEIR WEB SITE AT WWW.BACKRACK4TRUCKS.COM ALSO YOU CAN GO TO WWW.ARMORDECK.US THE SECOND SITE IS BACKRACK'S LARGEST DISTRIBUTER, AND HAS A DEALER LOCATOR BY ZIP CODE TO HELP YOU FIND SOMEONE CLOSE TO HOME. I'M SORRY IF THIS COMES ACROSS AS A SALES PITCH I REALLY AM JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFULL AND GIVE YOU A SOURCE TO GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.