1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Racks wanted

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Husker1982, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

I need back racks for a 2003 and 2004 chevy 2500HD. Any one selling please email me at Deererider1982@yahoo.com. Thanks Jamie

2. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

BACK RACK

On the subject if anyone has such for a 1995 ram2500hd and are in the tri state area, or better yet in NY contact me. I prefer a nice black or white or alum weatherguard model...

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

might look into making or having one made that way you can get exactly what you want.....

I made one for my 03 and put some expanded mesh on the inside and made a big bowtie cutout for it, looks pretty slick. Painted it to match the truck......the things you will do when you have a welder and too much time on your hands LOL

4. ratlover

from IL

I'm going to email you a pic to give you some ideas, you can take it to a local fab place and they should be able to do you up if you cant weld.

if you go custom you can ad stuff, I put a trailer plug on it so I can yank my light bar off easy, or you could make your light bar swing down for clearance or the like.......

back rack brand is pretty nice but pricey for what you get....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sounds good, I would like to see the pictures also.

6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought and installed a BACK-RACK brand headache rack last week on the '04.

The installation is quick, easy, and quite strong and secure.

Each BACK-RACK is vehicle specific as far as mounting brackets are concerned.

How have you guys that made your own headache rack secured them to the truck? The custom pocket slot bolt is pretty neato, and I doubt you'd find anything close in a fastener store.

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have a BACK RACK brand one just off a '98 Dodge Ram 3500 we recently sold...
    Just outside of Niagara Falls, Ontario.

8. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

BACK RACK

POST OR PM ME WITH PRICE SHIPPED TO 11771 ZIP CODE

9. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

I have a back rack that was on a truck for less than one year. I am located in the Chicago area. If you would like pictures I can get some in a couple days.

10. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Back Racks are nice when your hitt'n it from behind. Gives you somethinge to hold onto. Front racks are nice to. 36Bs and up.

11. ratlover

from IL

I welded the rack on my truck to some 1/4 steel and sandwitched that between the bed rail and my tool box.

12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

OK just gimme a couple days to dig it up, weigh it, etc...

13. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Acs is it for a 03 chevy 2500HD? If so give me a price and shipping to 48519