1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BACK RACK with LIGHT BAR???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ssprtman12, Jan 14, 2014.

1. ssprtman12

ssprtman12 Junior Member
    from MA

Hey guys, does anyone have some good pictures of their back rack/headache racks with light bars mounted on it. Trying to convince the bossman it looks better than on the roof. Also would like it mounted more flush on the rack than sitting up, so any good pics of that would be great. This will be going on a 2014 F350 utility body so itll have to be custom cut to not sit to high. The bar we will be using either way is the Whelen Mini Justice!

Thanks!

2. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

A piece of flat stock painted gloss black and u bolts that can go around the top of the back rack local hardware store should have it ....I'm looking for the pics of it done on my o3 2500hd

3. ssprtman12

ssprtman12 Junior Member
    from MA

i saw a pic of your 03 in an older post. . .thats perfect exactly how i would like it to look, what light is that? and if you do have detail pics or close ups whatever that would be awesome!

4. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

I have to look it was a few years back so I'm not sure if I have those pics but that was a speed tech 27 in led bar wired threw the 3rd brake light as far as the brackets... I got them at a true value and the were galvinized 2in flat bars (there similair to the L bracket style) and I just unbolted the magnet off the light bar and bolted the bar to those flat bars. The u bolts I believe are 2in by 3in and the bar didn't budge even threw drive threw car washes and never hit the roof...although not a big gap between bar and roof the bars never moved. Hope this helps

5. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I mounted my bar to my Back Rack using the standard Mini Bar mount that they sold. I hardwired it with a 4 pin trailer plug that allows me to unplug it right on the backpack, then undo one bolt and take the bar off to use the rack. Ill try to get pictures tomorrow.

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i prefer to have the bar mounted high so it is visible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

heres mine not a backrack but close enoughThumbs Up

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A few pics of my backrack and FS Mini Legend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Walk around video from last season. Lighting setup is the same, truck looks different now.
    http://youtu.be/eEiRW4XVPvU