1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Rack & Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dmjr77, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello,
    Has anyone tried to install a tonneau cover with a back rack? I am looking to get one for my pickup and I would like to have a tonneau cover as well.
    Thank you

2. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I'll bump this one up, 'cause I'd like to know too.

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You will probably have to have a couple of inches cut off and have the cover restitched to accommodate the difference in length due to the mounting bracket. I did this on my old Dakota I used to have like 7 years ago that had a saddle box(two trucks ago... man how time flies). I just cut the side rails with a metal blade and a reciprocating saw, and then took the whole assembly to a guy who did auto upholstery.. it turned out great. I will most likely be ding the dame on my current truck, but I also have a toolbox so I will have to cut a lot more than you. BTW I still have the cut cover for the Dakota if anybody is interested... I will let it go dirt cheap...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005