1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back rack or saftey rack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dpglandscapes, Mar 20, 2011.

1. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

So im looking to get rid of my tonneau cover and get either a saftey rack or a back rack. I like them both i just am kind of having a tough time choosing. If anyone else was faced with the delema and or maybee has some pros and cons for the racks that would be cool. Im going to be putting a tool box on the truck as well.

thanks

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

are you semi ********???? they're IDENTICAL. the only difference is what the white vinyl says

3. dpglandscapes

from 01982

dude, the back rack and saftey rack are really completly different the saftey rack is completly mesh and the backrack isnt yeah there made by the same company but i wouldnt say that there the same at all

4. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

are you ********? they are not the same, look it up on the internet.

5. dpglandscapes

from 01982

lol right on

6. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

:laughing::laughing:

7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

You should start watching where you're walking... You always seem to be stepping in sh!t... :rolleyes:

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

hahahahaha are you sure you didn't edit this?! I could've sworn you said backrack and prorack bud

9. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

BACK RACK:
    [​IMG]

Safety Rack:
    [​IMG]

I have a back rack. I think it looks a lot nicer (I like the devil horn look it gives) and it is a bit more usefull if you are mounting emergency lights. The safety rack is a bit more utilitarian as a traditional headache rack and keeping stuff in the bed from coming through the rear window.

My biggest gripe with the back rack is that snow and ice built up between it and the window and it becomes tough to clean it out. The ice rattles around in the wind and gets anoying. My backrack is well built, quality welding and its held up through a lot of abuse. I am going to take it down in a few weeks to clean and repaint it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  10. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

it would have stated if he edited something...
    clearly shows who the ****** is here.

11. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Back rack and like it, really don't have a need for a safety rack. I also think the safety rack would be a pain with snow in the winter. I have a truxedo lo pro tonneau cover that works with with the backrack. I just had to buy the brackets.

12. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

OUCH. insert foot in mouth! i've got the back rack and love it. The safety rack looks goofy but that's my opinion. Check out the other racks too if you want to be different. Spyder products makes nice ones and so does highway equipment

13. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

weather gaurd also make rack that look "similar" to the back rack. and correct me if im wrong havent looked in a while but isnt the weather gaurd a bit cheaper??? maybe not i dont remember. They sell the same bolt on accessories as back rack does for mounting strobes, attenas, etc....

14. dpglandscapes

from 01982

thanks guys, yeah ive been looking around at a bunch, the highway equipment ones are sick but i could never find a price on it, i do agree to the saftey racks arnt as nice looking as the back racks are and although i dont really need the saftey rack now im kinna worried that later on down the road im gonna regret not getting the saftey rack. idk, ill figure out this week what one i want.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have one of each and would go with the safety rack if you are throwing things in your bed constantly such as firewood. If you want something to mount lights with and just want general protection for the back window just go with the back rack.

16. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:drinkup:safty rack if your working out of truck for a living ..

17. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

I think he is thinking of the PRO-Rack that is the same as a back rack but diffrent company

If it a work truck that you are throwing stuff in the back alot I would get a safety rack, but if it is a personal truck, you could probly get buy with a back rack, you can always resell it and buy a safety rack later on, I my self think the back rack looks better

18. firefighter4418

firefighter4418 Junior Member

I have a back rack have had them on evey pick up i own and i love them so i would buy the back rack andfor $250 its not a bad deal on price

19. dpglandscapes

from 01982

yeah, i mean i use the truck for work but i have a nother truck with a vangaurd rack that is fully meshed all around so i can always use that. Its more for my personal truck that gets light work use out of it so i think that im gonna get the back rack.

20. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i love the look of the backrack but i need access to my stake pockets for the sides i put on the truck for mulch in the spring and i dont want to be constantly taking the rack off if there was a way i could have a backrack and still be able to use my stake pockets i would buy it in a heartbeat