1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Rack Installation Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Beavercorp, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Beavercorp

Beavercorp Junior Member

Hello all,

I am an aspiring snow removal service provider, planning to start winter 2013/14 when I get some dollars to get a decent plow. However I'm collecting the other necessary bits to have my truck outfitted for then.

I purchased a second hand back rack for 230, that came with the tool box mounts for the 07-11 or 12 Chevrolet Silverado. I have an 09 myself.

The reason I'm here is to get a visual guide, I work best with that picture diagram that comes with most things, however for he life of me I can't find one online ANYWHERE after several hours of google searching. The fellow I purchased it from doesn't have any instructions either.

I know its a simple install, but I don't want to mess it up, or my bed liner for that matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Justin

Oh and feel free to move if not in the right area, this one just seemed the most appropriate.

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Two bolts through the stake pockets and the rest are self explanatory. Just don't over tighten. Also, shop around A LOT when buying plow stuff. $230 for a used back rack is pretty high. Other than that, welcome to plowsite and good luck!

3. Beavercorp

Beavercorp Junior Member

I agree 230 is a lot, however living in the Canadian maritimes, stuff like that is hard to come by, especially for the correct model. What about the bed liner, any recommendations for that? Cut, bend or obliterate? :)

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I just trimmed mine where I needed to. I get what you're saying by hard to come by but look on eBay. Lots of good deals to be had there as well as this site. Lots of people on eBay offer free or really cheap shipping too.

5. Beavercorp

Beavercorp Junior Member

Haha, I agree, except that import charges, if applicable, would probably offset the savings.

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

+1

Paid $180 brand new for mine at Canadian Tire, then $30 more for the brackets to reposition my tool box....

7. Beavercorp

Beavercorp Junior Member

Haha, well that's a great deal. Locally they are 279.99 plus tax. Anyway, I thank everyone for their help, I was able to get it installed with out cutting or anything with the help of my friend.

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

That is the main thing, enjoy!