1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back rack idea

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by farmerkev, Dec 10, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Just thinking of possibly making a back rack for my truck in the spring in my welding class. Was thinking of how I could incorperate the Chevy logo into one. Heres wht my friend came up with. What are the opinions on this?

truck.JPG

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I think that'll be Minnesota tax money well spent. :D

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

if you can pull that off it will be pretty sweet i think

4. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

the only thing i see u could change would be make it wider and a little taller that little area gets damaged more often than not. Other than let me say i wish i would have thought of it. Real nice!!

5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I like it.

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I think Ill give it a try, might be a pain to figure out the measurements on the logo.

7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Dont forget the licence plate bolt!

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That would be really cool. I agree little wider little taller. I would paint the thing black and the emblem(the part you have in red) a real nice silver or something that would look sweet. Be sure to post pics!!

9. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Just take the chevy logo and print it out on paper in banner format to get the size you want, it will make sure everything is to scale. you sure you dont want a dodge logo back there? just kidding... awesome idea, maybe you should try and sell that idea... wait patent law? copyright. nah keep it to yourself it will be original.:drinkup:

10. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Ill try it in the spring, possibly sooner, Im in a welding class, and when I finish up with arc welding Ill move onto MIG, then Ill start.

11. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

If it works, Ill sell them to PS members for a special under the table price. ;)

12. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Looks good, but only problem i see if the big hole that will be in the logo. Might want to put a mesh screen of some sort there.

13. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Ill be doing it more for looks than for protection. So Im not real worried, but thats a possibility.

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

yeah I agree, put some expanded metal in there it would actually look beter then emptyness

15. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

How about this?

DSCN1941.JPG

16. ColliganLands

looks good but i think black mesh or expanded metal whatever the term is might be better then silve inside the logo

17. GTLS

GTLS Member

That's gonna look soooooooo cool when you're done. Whichever way you choose

18. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

You mean the whole thing black?

19. ColliganLands

no just in the middle of it where you put the silver lines. that way it will really make the chevy logo stand out. so its silver for the chevy logo with the center filled with a black mesh

20. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Just a thought but if your gonna light it up make sure you drill all the holes you need to run wires inside the tubes before it's all welded....just an idea....ask me how I know this one.....lol