1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Rack Forsale....

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Frozen001, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have a Back Rack for sale... Came off my GMC Sierra, and should fit and GM product. It's about 8 years old, and looks in great shape. Asking $100 or best offer. Local Pick up or Buyer pays actual shipping cost.

I will try to get pictures up this afternoon/Evening.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

where in upstate,ny are you?

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Rome... between Syracuse and Utica...

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  4. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

We have the same one on our chevy 2500. It took a jack stand flying through the air going over 40 mph. Didn't dent or crack.

GOOD RULE OF THUMB- don't try to pull a jack stand that is frozen in the ground with a nilon strap..... WOOOOOOPS ;)

5. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

What year of GMC did it come off? Or does it matter? I have a 02 hd2500. Ship to 50627?

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Came off an 2004... Will have to look into the shipping cost... only one place in town that wil pack it up and ship it... but will not be able to get there tomorrow... can do it monday... will let you know...

7. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

I think they are pretty universal to the brand of truck. The 02s should be the same as the 04s. They body styles didn't change significantly until 06.

8. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Did you have a chance to check on shipping?

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Well I stopped by the place I thought that could ship it, and they have basically gone out of business... I am looking into finding some place else right now... Should have looked into this before I put it up for sale... I stopped buy a smaller place that used Plain Fed Ex... they quoted $100 to go to California... eeekkk... I am going to see about UPS Freight, or Fed Ex Freight... if anyone else has thoughts feel free to let me know...

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

lol or dont let your gf help you load split wood in your truck. i had no back rack on my old truck and my gf was helping me load up split wood. she fricken threw a piece right threw my rear slider window in my gmc. i was like omg lol.

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You mean Glass can't stop a piece of wood??

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

unfortunetly no i wish it did. went right thru and landed on the seat. i was like what the **** lol.

13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Frozen, do you still have the back rack? I'll give you $100.00 with shipping included to44057. Steve . Let me know.

14. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

That is what I was going to offer too, but if shipping is that expensive, its obviously a wash. Check on the shipping if you want, and we can deal from there.

15. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I am still working on finding a method of shipping it at a reasonable price... So far they are all $$$, so it would not be worth it... I know I did not pay that much when I got it, but they might have gotten a discount because of the volume they ship.

16. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

re:

I also was going to offer $100 shipped. UPS shipped @ 50# ground shipped, is $35 to me in Milwaukee. Looked on ebay $225 shipped to my door for a new one.

17. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I believe the problem is not the wieght... it is the size, it is considered "oversized"... At this point I have not found a viable option to ship it at all.... Probably going to have to sell it local....

18. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

Race fan at all? if u made the trip up to ransomville speedway on a friday night i would be interested

19. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Not a race fan... sorry...

20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I'll give you $50 and drive up to get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.